Website Manager

Oakdale Soccer Club

News Detail

9

Jan, 2019

January 8, 2019 Board Meeting Minutes

 

Oakdale Soccer Club

January 8, 2019

Meeting Minutes

Call to order: The Board Meeting for the Oakdale Soccer Club was held at the Gene Bianchi Center Tuesday January 8, 2019. The meeting was convened at 6:02pm with President Ami Poncabare presiding, Savannah Sprague as Secretary.

An amendment to the November minutes was discussed, Nick Birchall has agreed to continue his position as Director of Recreation for 2 more years as opposed to just this season as stated in the November minutes.

Motion to approve minutes from the November 13, 2018 Annual General Meeting was made by Cher Barios; 2nd by Nick Birchall; so moved.

Board Members and Volunteers in Attendance: Ami Poncabare, Cherilyn Barios, Josh Malcom, Savannah Sprague, Luis Lopez, Nick Birchall, Rojo Espejel, Cece Suarez, Victoria Tomao .

Board Members and Volunteers not in Attendance: Kristi Moniz, Katie Moniz

Others in Attendance: Rob Robbins, Chris Courtney, Ryan Cuthbert, Kathleen Malcom, Wendi Stark, Roberto Verduzco, and Rolando Verduzco.

Board Member Reports:

Ami Poncabare, President:
Ami has been working with the new board members to get them up to speed in their new roles. She also put together a Project Timeline and distributed to board members. Please let her know if any corrections or additions need to be made.

Norcal did not have a December meeting, so we are still waiting for our status to be confirmed.

we should know by the end of January.

Cher Barios, Vice President:

Cher will be working on gathering team sponsors. If anyone has someone willing to sponsor, please let her know. Team sponsorships will be $300 and due by May 31, 2019.

The Christmas parade was a fun time for all. Cher would like to see us have a float in the Rodeo parade in April. This would be great timing since we will be in the middle of registration at that time. Cher will talk to Kadee and Kristi about heading up a float and will get an application.

Josh Malcom, Treasurer:

Josh has been working with Ami and the past treasurer, Katie Clark, to gain access to Quickbooks and get a full understanding of where the club’s finances are at. He will be going with Cher on Thursday to be added to the Oak Valley Bank account so he can compare banking with Quickbooks. His goal is to get everything so organized that any board member could pull up the

financials and easily be able to have a clear view of what is going on. He is also working on getting 1099’s out.

Savannah Sprague, Secretary:

We have decided against posting the agenda on the Club website, we want people to come to the meetings if they want to see what we will be talking about. We will start posting the minutes to the website.

Luis Lopez, Registrar:

Luis attended Comp tryouts and is working on learning the process of his new role.

Nick Birchall, Director of Recreation:

Nick has been working on gathering pricing from the other sports leagues in town, baseball and basketball, to see how our costs and discounts compare.

Rojo Espejel, Director of Competative:

Comp tryouts had a good turnout. They have a list of people who were unable to attend. Another tryout date will be announced in the future.

Old Business:

Ami’s replacement – Savannah reminded the board that Ami agreed to stay on as president for another year only if we were diligent in finding a replacement for next year. We need to take steps to actually do this. Ami will provide Savannah with a full job description so we can start actively searching for a replacement.

New Business:

Ami introduced our new Communications Specialist, Victoria "Vicky" Tomao. Vicky shared that she has been coaching soccer for the last 3 seasons and is excited to be a part of the board.

Nick provided a spreadsheet that broke down pricing from OSC, OBSA, and Stanislaus Rebels Basketball. He also showed the discounts available and equipment provided. Ami is going to create projected income scenarios to present to the board showing what the numbers would be if we kept pricing the same for all age groups, or if we charged less for the younger age groups and more for the older. She will present this to the board to finalize the pricing for the 2019 season.

Closed Session

Open to the Public:

Rob Robbins – They would like to start practicing next week and use the lights. He asked if any other locations had been found to use as a practice facility. Rojo said he had a meeting about using the Jr. High and storing the lights there so they didn’t have to be hauled back and forth.

Rolando Verduzco – He and Roberto are concerned about the cost for each player to play on a Comp team. Ami explained that team sponsorships can help reduce cost. Rojo also explained that the

estimated costs include a coaches fee, that they can choose not to charge, and a few other costs that could possibly be eliminated to bring the cost for each player down.

Wendi Stark – Wendi will be our new bookkeeper. She will be working with closely with Josh. Wendi works from home and is able to be flexible based on the club’s needs.

Next Meeting:

Our 2019 Board meetings will be as follows: March 5th, May 7th, July 9th, September 10th, and our Annual General meeting will be held on November 5th. All meetings will be held at the Bianchi Center at 6pm.

Adjournment:

The meeting was adjourned at 7:19pm.

Contact Us

Oakdale Soccer Club

PO Box 1910 
Oakdale, California 95361

Email: [email protected]

Oakdale Soccer Club

PO Box 1910 
Oakdale, California 95361

Email: [email protected]
Copyright © 2019 Oakdale Soccer Club  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Login